Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My Birthday

Guess what I got for my birthday this year?? Conjunctivities!! That's right....what a present!

My husband had conjunctivities and was under quarantine. The only time I went into the room was when I needed to serve him his meals. Antibacterial sprays and regular washing of hands didn't prevent me from getting IT!

I woke up at about 5 am on my birthday coz I was feeling some pain in my right eye. True enough when I looked into the mirror my right eye was turning RED... What a present it truly was!

Went to tell my husband about it and he was of course happy that I could be under quarantine and isolation with him in the same room. It was the moment of our life where there was only the television and laptop to accompany us in the room giving instructions to the children behind closed door.

Even my birthday song had to be sung behind closed door by my children while I had a piece of my birthday cake with a candle in it in my room. It was really an experience to remember.......

I had to miss my birthday dinner celebration and also a lunch get-together with my friends the following day. What I missed the most was the Easter in church where my children were doing some performance/play and also the Alpha Course that I had been attending every Monday nights.

Its almost a week now and my husband and I have finally almost recovered from conjunctivities and no more quarantine. I am happy to be able to get out of my room and move about freely now.

Well....at least I will be able to go out with my family tomorrow to enjoy my overdue birthday lunch/dinner.

No comments: