Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My Testimony

When I was diagnosed with cancer my whole life was shattered! I was deeply worried for my husband, both my daughters Adelynn then aged 15 and Audrey who was just 5 and also my son Aaron aged 11. What will happen to them? I would say that I was certainly in a state of shock...

Praise the Lord for blessing me with such a loving husband and children and also my brothers and sisters in laws as well as both my mum and dad plus my siblings ie brothers and sister. With their moral support and love for me I managed to finish my cancer treatment. It was certainly a scary and uncertain episode of my life and I could only take it to the Lord in prayer everytime I undergo a test.

I came to accept Christ after my prayer was answered. I had been praying for light and I made a challenge that if I see this special light then only will I go to church. My prayer was answered when I was resting after my exercise at the Taman Tun Dr Ismail park. As usual I had my eyes closed and was praying for an answer. Suddenly I could visualize the sky opening up and a bright ray of light was shining down onto me from my head to toes. No.....it cannot be, I thought to myself. I tried to open my eyes to see but it was so bright that I just could not! It was gone after a short while and when I could finally open my eyes to gaze at the sky I could see the sun with my bare eyes.

I took on the challenge and went to church with my daughter Adelynn. I am glad to say that my two other children also went along with me. From that day onwards I began to embark on my life's journey with the guidance of God.

On 26th November 2006 I was given this special opportunity to receive the Holy Spirit when Pastor Ben came to our church and prayed for me. I was so touched that I was crying when the Holy Spirit entered me and I could feel warmth inside me and my whole body just felt lifted.....its a feeling that cannot be expresssed by mere words - as if all the worries and pain and sufferings were all taken away from me! I was told that my name has been written in the Book of Life and my prayers have been answered. I felt like a lost sheep that has been wandering about all these years that had finally found its way HOME!

I continue to build my relationship and faith in God by putting my trust completely in Him. I was able to learn more through bible studies with Sister Poh Wha and Brother Tong's Cell Group and also the Alpha Course.

I have just finished the 3rd week of my Alpha Course and am glad that I am able to share my experiences with other non believers. Its something that cannot be explained and cannot be forced into. Its a relationship and trust plus faith that you have to work upon by prayers that made this special unexplained feeling to happen!

No comments: